Are you thinking about what is the latest angular version?
Well, Angular 13 was last updated in November 2021 and is the latest version of Google's favored TypeScript-based web framework. Five months later, after the Angular 13 update, Angular launched v13 available as a production release.
Apart from these, Angular 13 has introduced fascinating features, so let's dig deep into the features of the latest Angular version and get a quick overview.
Angular 13 Features And Updates
• IVY IS THE NEW ENGINEAngular 13 no longer support the view engine as all new versions are Ivy. Ivy engines eliminate all the codebase difficulties and maintenance fees.
The angular framework has converted tools to Ivy to ensure every transition goes well, as Ivy assembles components individually to speed up the development cycle. There is no need to use ngcc (Angular compatibility compiler) for libraries developed with the latest APF version, as there is no need for metadata and summary files.
• TYPESCRIPT 4.4 SUPPORTTypeScript 4.4 has been added in Angular 13, and TypeScript 4.2 and 4.3 are no longer supported. TypeScript 4.4 has come up as a benefit to Angular apps because it does not implement setters and getters to get a similar type.
• ANGULAR PACKAGE FORMAT TRANSFORMATIONSThe Angular Package Format, or APF, represents the format and structure of Angular Framework packages and View Engine metadata. It's a great way to package third-party libraries in the web development environment.
The new version of the APF contains noteworthy modifications.1. With Angular 13, older output formats, like View Engine-specific metadata, are deprecated.
2. UMD bundles are not manufactured.
3. JS formats like ES2020 have been normalized.
4. Blend package exports with Node.js's sub-path patterns are used to deliver likely outputs at the entry point.
Additionally, ngcc is no longer needed in the updated version of APF. Developers can expect speedier execution as a result of library changes.
• ANGULAR COMMAND-LINE INTERFACE IMPROVEMENTSThe CLI is undoubtedly a key aspect of angular success. Angular CLI simplifies the development process with easy commands by removing complex processes like configuration and initialization on a larger scale.
The Angular CLI safeguard developers and make room for unexplored components by helping them find the right folder for the update and the module to import the components.
With Angular 13, developers can run a quick unit test to ensure that the component renders accurately or not. Likewise, it also favors the build-cache feature, and you have full power to enable/disable this feature in existing Angular apps.
Thus, ensure that you have an experienced angular app development team before starting the development.
• IMPROVEMENTS TO ANGULAR TESTSThe Angular team has made a few notable improvements to TestBed, which operates correctly to tear down test environments and modules at the end of each test.
Because the DOM is cleaned, developers can expect memory-intensive, optimized, interdependent, and quicker tests.
• INTERNET EXPLORER 11 IS NOT SUPPORTEDAngular will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 because of the launch of Angular 13. Dropping Internet Explorer 11 results in a smaller bundle size and swift app loading. Furthermore, Angular can now use technologically advanced browser features such as CSS variables and web animations via native web APIs due to these improvements.
Apps will load quickly because of the improved API and the shortage of IE-specific polyfills. It also eradicates the necessity for differential loading. Developers will benefit from enhanced APIs and infrastructure, while app users will benefit from fast loading and a satisfactory user experience.
Executing the ng update will automatically remove IE-specific polyfills at the time of project migration, decreasing the bundle size.
• NEW FORM CLASSIFICATIONFormControlStatus is a new form type added in Angular v13. It gathers all form control status strings into a single place:
For example, the type of AbstractControl.status has been modified from string to FormControlStatus.
ObservableFormControlStatus> has changed to Observableany> as a type of StatusChanges.
• APIS ARE ERGONOMICS DESIGNEDAngular v13 has decreased load time using ergonomic component-level granular code disruption and code-splitting APIs. The latest version of ESBuild has also improved performance.
• VERSIONS OF NODE.JS PRIOR TO 12.20 ARE NO LONGER SUPPORTED.Versions of Node.js before 12.20.0 are no longer supported in Angular 13 because the Angular use the Node.js package export feature with subpath patterns.
• ENHANCEMENTS TO LOCALIZATIONThe $localize API is well-defined. Developers use it to produce an effective technique for in-built internationalisation (i18n), as well as tag messages in code and layouts for translation.
• DEPENDENCY UPDATES AND FRAMEWORK CHANGESAngular 13 has undergone significant modifications. RxJS v7.4 is the default application built with ng new. Current RxJS v6.x applications must be manually updated with the npm install firstname.lastname@example.org command.RxJS 7 can now be used to create new projects, and currently undergoing projects should continue to use RxJS 6.
• ROUTER CHANGESRouting assists us in shifting from one view to the other. It facilitates navigation by interpreting a browser URL as a request to modify the view.
The router does not replace the browser URL when the new navigation cancels the existing navigation.
Earlier versions of Angular had several compatibility issues, most notably with query parameters. For instance, the default URL serializer drops everything in query parameters following a question mark. In contrast, the most recent update enhances query parameter compatibility with question marks.
• ANGULAR 13 FEATURES -API UPDATESBecause of the improved ViewContainerRef.createComponent API, you can now create dynamic components with less boilerplate code. ComponentFactoryResolver is not required if you use Angular 13.
• INLINE ADOBE FONT SUPPORTAnother highlight of Angular 13's release is inline support for Adobe typefaces. These fonts can enhance the app's performance by accelerating the FCP (First Contentful Paint). This edition is now accessible to everyone by default. All you have to do is run the ng update command.
• DEPENDENCY INJECTION FEATURE BOOTS EFFICIENCYThe dependency injection quality of Angular enhances code readability, making maintenance and iterations easier. This is especially beneficial for large-scale business systems, as it drastically reduces testing time and development costs.
The most important feature is that it makes it possible for a developer to revise or replace any injector without reconfiguring the rest of the app's components.
• ANGULAR 13 COHESIVE ARCHITECTUREComponents serve as the building blocks in Angular web development. Angular's cohesive components are tree-like and comprise suitable elements with related functionalities. These components are well-encapsulated and provide a clean and smooth API to all Angular apps. The reusability and maintainability of Angular architecture are two of its primary benefits.
1. Reusability: Agular app elements are self-contained. Once an element with a specific feature has been created, you can reuse it in any part of the code that needs the exact functionality. Angular's component-based reusable architecture saves developers time while delivering consistency to the app.
2. Maintainability: Angular's other significant advantage is the framework's loosely linked components. By collaborating with our experienced Angular JS development professionals, you can make the process easier.
• ANGULAR MATERIALThe angular material feature has made everything easy for developers as it offers pre-built User interface MDCs components for desktop, mobile, and web platforms for improved accessibility. Now developers can easily build navigational elements, layouts, radio buttons, form controls, and indicators in a short time span.
How To Upgrade To Angular 13?
Angular is gaining popularity due to its high usability and fantastic features. Thus, it is the ideal time to hire Angular JS developers.
Every six months, the Angular team releases a new version, and you might get aware of the Angular latest version updates. Thus, if you are still using Angular 12, it is the right time to upgrade it to 13 to develop outstanding apps that support contemporary development standards.