How Can Cloud Services Transform Your Business?
November 19, 2018
What Is Cloud Computing?
Over the last few years, Cloud Computing has become the go-to jargon in the Industry. You may not realize it but we all have been exposed to it for more than 10 years now in the form of Gmail, Dropbox, Facebook, Skype, PayPal to name a few. The principal concept behind the cloud is that you can access all your information over the internet without having any detailed knowledge of the infrastructure used to enable it.
You may think that you need to know about it, but we think otherwise.
Just like you don’t really need to know how the electricity gets to your home or how a switch works, similarly, your focus should be on delivering your products or services flawlessly instead of dabbling around with Infrastructure setup and issues.
How Can Cloud Transform Your Business?
● Storage space – With Cloud, you will no longer have to look after data storage, backups and software programs as everything is stored remotely in Cloud Servers. A Cloud setup would not only free in-house space but also provide infinite space in the cloud.
● Flexibility – Scalability is the name of the game. Having your infrastructure on the Cloud makes it possible to scale up or down depending on your business's requirements. In today’s economy, this kind of flexibility is the key to optimized business decisions and operations. You can adjust your IT expenditures to meet your organization’s needs, making operational costs minimal. Now, you are not bound by any signed contracts and can be more flexible in future modifications.
● Security – If you think about it, your data in the cloud is significantly secure as compared to your private server or an unsecured server room.
● Capacity – Previously, you needed to spend a considerable amount of your IT spending on Human resources to maintain your software product. With Cloud computing, that is not an issue anymore. You can concentrate on your solutions and services, and this arrangement will enable you to expedite your main goal. The IT part of the equation is someone else's job now.
● Cost – Utilizing cloud technology decreases your maintenance charges. No more hidden and additive costs for servers, software, backups, and updates. A considerable amount of the concealed expenses normally connected with software implementation, customization, and support are given as a straightforward subscription service. Moving to the cloud spares the direct expense of obtaining, overseeing and updating the IT frameworks. Hence, utilizing the cloud platform reforms capital expenditure to operational expenditure. Employing the 'pay as you go' model businesses can fundamentally bring down your IT costs.
● It’s open – Internet guidelines and web services enable you to associate services to one another. This implies you can consolidate your information and access it from any place on earth, on any PC or cell phone, whenever you want to.
● Fault Resilient – While utilizing own servers, you have to purchase more hardware than you require in the event of server failure. In outrageous cases, you have to copy everything. Moving to cloud reduces redundancy and free you from power outage issues. Along these lines, migrating to cloud adds dependability to the framework while keeping the data highly accessible.
● Lean Management – With the cloud, organizations can implement their processes effectively. Cloud migration leads existing workforce to concentrate around their main task of observing the infrastructure and enhancing them. In this way, cloud computing provokes lean administration and drives profitability.
Also Read: How to Create SQL Server Database in AWS RDS
Basics Of Cloud Migration
Cloud migration translates to moving your organization's information, applications or different business components to a cloud computing platform. An Enterprise can implement various models of cloud migrations as per their organizational needs as seen below.
● Model-1: Local-to-Cloud Migration
One of the most common models is the transfer of data and applications from a local data center to the public cloud.
● Model-2: Cloud-to-Cloud Migration
This cloud migration model comes into action if your organization choose to move their data and applications from one cloud platform or provider to another.
● Model-3: Uncloud or De-Cloud
In a reverse cloud migration, your organization's data or applications are transferred from the cloud to a local data center.
Subject to various factors related to migration, an organization may want to move an application to its new hosting platform without adjustments (also known as a lift-and-move migration). In another scenario, it may be more suited to roll out improvements to the application framework before the migration.
The steps or methods an organization pursues during a cloud migration fluctuates based on variables like identifying the nature of migration it requires and the particular assets it needs to move. All things considered, common components of a cloud migration methodology consists of assessing performance and security as per need, adopting a cloud supplier, figuring expenses and rolling out any essential organizational improvements.
General difficulties that many organizations face while going through a cloud migration involves interoperability, data and application versatility, maintaining the integrity and security of data, while ensuring an agile business process. Without a precise plan, the migration could adversely impact the performance of the workload and prompt for higher IT costs; inadvertently overthrowing a portion of the fundamental advantages of cloud computing platform.
Also Read: Generating Free SSL Certificates Using AWS Certificate Manager
How Can Cloud Consultants Help You?
Migration to cloud computing platforms requires important IT changes and know-how of the latest technological discoveries. Organizations must imagine the migration as a business re-designing process as opposed to an architectural change. While there are plenty of accessible choices, business heads are usually puzzled as to which cloud computing platform would suit their requirements. To save the day, cloud consultants can assist them in choosing the right platform that will optimize their current processes.
A cloud consultant should make sure that the accompanying questions be answered, to help organizations define their requirements.
- Are your business processes established properly and are they running efficiently?
- Do you care where your data is saved and how secure it is?
- What amount of downtime and delay can your services handle?
Realizing these queries will enable the consultant to determine the best platforms for your business. In this manner, a consultant should offer various models related to administration, security, execution, process, and data, in addition to basic infrastructure.
Cloud has surely changed the elements of the IT business. AWS and Microsoft remain the biggest cloud suppliers including all things considered. And yet, cloud consultants do an enormous job in enabling businesses to consolidate innovative arrangements and market the cloud-based changes which suit the clients' needs.
Cloud Platforms are always evolving and the most recent advancements in cloud computing are making business applications much more portable and collective. Organizations expect that the data they care about will be pushed to them continuously. Moving your business to the cloud will ensure keeping up with your work as easy as keeping up with your personal life on Twitter.
Zenesys specializes in cloud-based services. Leveraging AWS and Azure, we help customers of all sizes to design, architect, build, migrate, and manage their workloads and applications on the cloud. We also provide customized solutions to incorporate major technologies into your existing systems.
There are no comments yet.